Springing into Cloth with Alva Baby Diapers!

Today was just a smidge warmer than the days before, and I've already been slowly putting away my wintry decor and pulling out all my bright colors, nautical details, and lighter clothes.

This movement towards warmth includes Baby A. now, which is SO FUN and SO CUTE. 
Seeeeeee?? SO ADORABLE!!!  This little Navy baby was meant for bright blues and nautical details :-)

Luckily, we just got our new Alva Baby cloth diaper cover to help us usher in our last East Coast spring [for a while]!
 I have always appreciated the diversity of colors and patterns available from Alva Baby cloth diapers, and as I've said before, the absolute cuteness is a large part of the draw for cloth diapering for me. The first cloth diaper that I bought on my own was an Alva Baby. After that first one, I got hooked! I was on Craigslist and eBay and Amazon trying to find more diapers!

I did buy some very gently used/opened but unused diapers after buying some extremely used ones that I refused to put on my baby once I saw what I had been given... and I realized that I needed a more affordable solution for building my stash once I committed to cloth.

For me, this affordable option was buying Alva Baby diapers. You can buy them on their website or on Amazon, so they can get to you quickly, they offer almost every type of diaper, they have the sweetest prints, and they are very inexpensive. I bought a big lot of Alva inserts and a rainbow of pastel and jewel toned diapers to get us started, and I was so pleased. 
One of my Alva Baby pocket diapers with some inserts about to be stuffed!
Recently, Baby A. has a lot less liquid output, and I don't need such a stuffed diaper unless he's in it during a nap or overnight, so I have been using my covers more. With covers, you can usually just replace the soiled insert and put it right back on baby. That is a huge plus for me when I'm in a hurry and he hasn't made so much of a mess in the diaper that I need a whole new one. What I really like about the Alva Baby covers is the depth of the overlap that holds the ends of the inserts:


With Alva Baby diapers, you get a good amount of buttons along the top to adjust the waist and hip fit, as well as three rows to adjust the rise and fit around those little leggies. I found that Baby A. fit into his Alva Baby diapers pretty early after birth (around 2 months), and he was born at around 8 pounds, 12 ounces.  If you are interested in cloth diapering, and worried about the monetary investment being unmanageable, you should certainly give Alva Baby diapers a try. Cloth diapering can really be a trial and error process, as you find what style, type, and brand works for you and your baby. You won't have to empty your wallet to get enough diapers to being a stash, but you will still get a good value with their cute and functional diapers.

I was so excited when I saw this nautical print was available, and I can't wait for the weather to catch up to my excitement levels!!! Baby A. is going to be so ready!

 Think warm thoughts with us,

Big A.

Comments

Popular Posts