Easy BBQ for the 4th!

It has been a while! 

We have been a really busy family as we acclimate to our new environment! Our first week was filled with unpacking and checking out the area. But you guys know I always have time for food. ALWAYS. So, we've found some nice little spots to go eat in Kansas City's River Market, like the Farmhouse

We had Sunday brunch after some farmer's market wanderings, and it got me craving some homemade BBQ. So, I grabbed some ribs from the grocery store (I promised myself that next time we'll go to a local butcher!) and planned my go-to rib recipe: crockpot ribs!! 

Sounds crazy, but it's just crazy good, and crazy easy. 

All you have to do is prepare a quick "dry rub" which is just a tablespoon of kosher salt, pepper, and paprika each, and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Rub that mixture on your ribs prior to cooking.

Then, sit your ribs in the crockpot so they are standing on ends and lining the sides. I have had to cut mine in half when I am cooking more than a couple of racks. Drench those bad boys with 2-3 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce, and let them cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the meat is so tender it's falling off the bones.

When they are done in the crockpot, you can lay them on a baking sheet and broil them for a few extra minutes if you want that caramelization process to occur to achieve a slightly crispy crunch to them. Grab some tongs and plate them with your favorite side, et voile! 

I hope you all have a wonderful Fourth of July filled with sticky fingers, bright fireworks, and family and friends nearby! 

Enjoy,

Big A. + fam

Comments

Popular Posts