Meet the Baby

Lately, a large majority of my world revolves around a tiny, chunky little guy who poops his pants and gets real handsy with my boobs.


Baby A. is probably going to be the topic of a lot of my blog posts, at least for the next little while that I'm home with him full time. He and I spend our days concerned with things like cloth diapers and wipes, tummy time activities, and finding out what we're going to eat next. I would say we mostly concern ourselves with food. 



A. is a summer baby, which I'm a little envious of since he'll always be able to throw a pool party for his birthday, and I never could do that! It was not the most fun being extremely pregnant in the summer, but I lucked out and it was a slow-to-warm season, so I only sweat it out for a short amount of time. I had a decently easy and uncomplicated pregnancy, but I still complain all the time and the thought of being pregnant again is still daunting for me. I give mad props to mom who go in for a second round. I love my son, but it's difficult to imagine not only having a second baby with all its ups and downs, but also having one as perfect as him! My mom always said she had that thought, too, but after having two more children, her heart just expanded enough with each baby to fit all of the love. So, there's hope for A. to have a sibling after I get over myself a little more.
 
A. has just turned 7 months old, and he's pretty much into the normal baby stuff. He's a generally happy guy as long as he's clean, dry, fed, and well-slept. He has two tiny lower front teeth that he will sink into anyone and anything within reach. A. has just started trying solid food, and has been trying to skip purees for chunks of food (or cell phones, because again, anything within reach is fair game). He loves his doggy girl, Tallulah Bear - that's our chocolate Labrador Retriever- and works hard to show the same oral appreciation to her that he shows everyone else. My concerns about him learning to crawl or walk fade away when I watch him roll, scoot, and inchworm his way towards her during tummy time. Pretty much his biggest concern is his neurotic Mommy and her obsession with clean laundry!



I'm sure you'll love getting to know this handsome little man as much as I have these past 7 months (and helping me figure out how to plan exciting things for him, like beach trips and his first birthday party!!!)

Comments

Popular Posts