Blueberry Muffins For Friends

Since hubs had to attend a Navy school this week in Virginia Beach, where we lived before our current tour, we decided to spend the weekend in our old haunts. Luckily, we have lovely friends who let us take over their home near the beach. And extra brownie points because the He of the He+She was still there! 
Hanging with Uncle A!
Actually, make that blueberry muffin points, since that was my advanced offering of thanks for the patience, welcoming, and fellowship we enjoyed. 
Enjoying espresso in such cute cups over muffins! (Literally over them)

So, I thought I'd share my recipe in case you ever want to take blueberry muffins as a "thank you for allowing my husband, extremely loud infant son, and smelly Labrador Retriever to stay in your home" gift. It's derived from my go-to cappuccino chocolate chip muffins recipe (I never make the spread, FYI, and they are best enjoyed fresh), which I sought out during a period of nostalgia over the food they served in my college cafeteria, King Hall. 

Blueberry Muffins
(Makes 6 large muffins or 12 small muffins)

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted (but cooled a little)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 lemon's worth of lemon zest
1-2 small packs of fresh blueberries

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375° and spray your muffin tin with baking flour or line with cupcake paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk the butter, egg, vanilla, milk, and sugar. 
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl. Whisk together until all combined, then with a soft utensil, gently fold in the lemon zest and blueberries. 
5. Spoon the mixture into your muffin or cupcake tin. 
6. Bake for 17-20 minutes for small, cupcake-sized muffins; 25-27 minutes for large muffins, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (I also check to see if the muffin top edges are browning a little before I pull them out). 
Sorry for the bad final product picture!!! It was late!
Happy Monday, and enjoy!

-Big A. 

Comments

Popular Posts