post first chemo

I am now 5 days post my first chemo treatment.
The first day or so was fine. I left after about 4 or 5 hours of IV infusion in decent spirits, feeling shooketh but not miserable. Day 2 required me to go in for a shot to boost my white blood cell count, and in anticipation of "bone pain" from the shot, I started taking a daily Claritin. So far, no bone pain to report. I also started taking the Zofran before I felt any nausea; one thing about me, if nausea is an option, my body will take it. I did feel a little off the first few days, but hubs was here, then we had to take him to the airport to fly back to Naples, and then my mom has kept me from laying miserably in bed alone all day, every day.
A new symptom has been dry mouth that turned into sores that are leaving an ashy, burned feeling in my mouth. I am grateful my stomach isn't turning but I am still nowhere near normal eating habits. 
My hopes are that the symptoms ease, and that each chemo infusion kicks my ass just a little bit less. 
Buoying thoughts: my kids are almost back with me permanently, I should be able to submerge in a pool or beach soon, as my incisions continue to heal, and that I have soooo many friends and family sending up prayers and good energy on my behalf. 
⚓️ Big A

Comments

Popular Posts