Busy Bumblebees

So, I took an unplanned hiatus from blogging... luckily, no one reads this so no one really seems to mind LOL :-)

I paused to focus on the family and the short amount of time we have left in Leavenworth with some of the coolest people I have ever had the opportunity to be around. Leavenworth itself has been just okay; but the friends we (Baby A, included) have made are the best part. I have never been part of a community that will just step right in to help a fellow military family with literally whatever at the simple mention of need. Even when Baby A was in super stranger-danger mode, our friends would still offer to watch him. We have had so many play dates and hang outs as families. I've been out with just the ladies, we've been able to have an evening cocktail with our neighbors, and we've even done a mini vacation with another family at this point! We will well and truly miss our friends here... even if they are Army!!😛

Concrete things we have done recently include: an overnight trip to Omaha, Baby A and I traveled back to the East Coast for my 30th birthday for almost 2 weeks, a trip to a farm with trains on it, we've visited the WWI museum in KCMO, numerous shopping trips (yikes, Hanna Anderssen!), hubs successfully made us money at the base-wide yard sale, hubs threw me a big birthday party then took me to Savannah for a baby-free weekend, we've had a few bonfires, dealt with snow well into the spring, and so far we haven't been sucked up by a twister! Thanks, Kansas.

As we look to move to our new place in Tampa within this next month, I'm probably not going to be the most active blogger again for a spell, but I am definitely going to try to pump out a few more when I have free time in the evenings as hubs puts finishing touches on his master's thesis. I know I have plans on re-hashing my experience with the Parents As Teachers program, maybe I'll discuss SLAM (the workout program I participated in while in Leavenworth since January), and I am still trying to organize my thoughts on organizing for a move... haha.

Until then, here's a buttload of photos from some of our favorite moments in the last month or so.
Paul presenting a USNA candidate his acceptance as a Blue & Gold Officer
Park fun before the weather warmed up; QT with Granny. 
Titi Riri came to Union Station with us.

Beaufort, SC, where we met (during our trip to Savannah)

 Back on the East Coast with my dad and sister; A with Kelly in Alexandria; A on a train!

Slides near my mom's with my sister; after Paul's first presentation as a BGO.

All smiles with Gee-ma, as A has decided to call her.

 BFFs in Solomons Island!


 Omaha with the Morgans- a total blast. 


 How we all felt after all this running around! 

Anchors aweigh! ⚓


Comments

Popular Posts