Wait... Where did March go?!?

Ummm.... you guys. I JUST did a March update, didn't I? I suppose I can chalk it up to being busy... You'll see I don't have a lot of significant activities to update on the blog but I'll try... and rest assured, I am about to post a few pretty solid posts in the next month. 

I didn't do a post about out trip to Tampa over hubs' spring break because we've basically been over all my travel do's and don'ts with a toddler... I just followed my own advice and it went pretty smoothly, lol. 
We went to Tampa to house hunt for our next tour, and we successfully found a house (the first one we looked at...I'm pretty picky and I knew what we needed). I'm more excited to move now that I know a little more about the area we're going to live in, and now that we have a house to plan around. We'll live just around the corner from my high school bestie and close to two of my aunts, so I feel a lot more settled about this big transition. 
 
The best part was watching Baby A experience the beach again. The last times he's been, he was either too little or we went when the weather didn't allow for him to just run wild in the sand, so this time it was really great to let him just have fun. He asked me if the sand was snow, and he chased birds, and dug in the sand, and generally had a great time.

We aren't very religious but I did get excited about Easter with Baby A, since he's finally at an age where he can walk around and find eggs (that are in plain sight, anyway). He loves eggs, so I figured once he learned the word "bunny" that he would be super into Easter. I was sort of right, haha. We did the SLAM Easter egg hunt after my workout on Friday. It was a little overwhelming because there were so many other kids and you can't really prepare a 21 month old for what they're expected to do during an Easter Egg Hunt, so Baby A mostly danced to the music, pulled open a few eggs, and gnawed on a cookie. I think overall he enjoyed it, and that's all I can really ask for at the end of the day!

On Sunday, we actually went to a great brunch at Urban Table in Overland Park, then came home for nap and had our neighbors over for some chicken chili and a quickie egg hunt on the living room floor. Since all of our kids are close in age, I thought it would be nice for them to have their own hunt that's more at their pace, without other, older kids swiping all the treats from under them. Also, I made a few more eggs with treats they can have, like Goldfish and stickers instead of candy. They seemed to enjoy it but the three of them get along really well and always have fun together. It was more of an excuse to dress them up and see them drag around Easter baskets.
Coming up, we are working on a trip to Omaha sometime before we leave. My 30th birthday is in a couple of weeks, so there are a few trips and fun things planned for lil ole me... and by May we should be closing on our house in Tampa and really getting ready to move! It's all happening so quickly that my head has been spinning these last couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to enjoy every last moment we have left in Kansas (which is tough when it snows on Easter Sunday lol)!!

-Big A.⚓

Comments

Popular Posts