February Life Update



So I obviously haven't been a regular blogger, but it's not like it was a New Year's Resolution for me or anything...
We've been busy and it's a shame that it feels like having time to be a productive blogger means I'm not being a productive mother or wife, when it's really that I was productive enough to have extra time for a new activity in my schedule. Fitting in the time to do the things that bring us joy is so undervalued in our society. 

ANYWAY. A *big* trip for baby A and I is complete and I feel like my life is mostly back on track enough, with laundry in the machine and dishes done and baby napping on routine. We went down to Texas to see my sister return home from deployment, and spent some time with my other sister who lives nearby. The rest of my family (mom, dad, stepmom, aunt, and cousins on my dad's side) were able to come, too, as a surprise to my sister (A's Titi Riri, as he calls her) and it was wonderful to see everyone together, even if for only a few hours. With the hectic lifestyle of the military involved in almost all of our lives, it's really difficult to coordinate meeting up in a way that doesn't seriously inconvenience someone, but we made it happen and it was seriously great.
I have a great plane napper. Also I love these kid catcher seats.
Riding to the airport with Pop-pop and Nona 
Saw my dear Auntie and A got to hang with his cousin!
          
We explored Fort Hood with Titi! A loves her!

Other things happening: I added going to a workout class into our routine, at least for the winter when it's really hard to make myself do something and the weather is too bad to just get up and walk outside. So far it has been another anchor in our daily routine. I HATE exercising but I needed to get out of the house and stop being a schlump. Baby A sits in the stroller for the workout but we usually do something afterwards that's just for him, like hanging at someone else's house or some park time. Food posts will continue, though, don't worry, HA!


Baby A will finish up his swim classes soon. It's been a very simple parent and child style course that's more about familiarity with the water but he's really enjoyed it and it's given us some good things to keep practicing with him, like blowing bubbles, kicking, and paddling/learning a stroke. He seems to enjoy the days with daddy in the pool the most so we'll have to keep that in mind when it's time to see the beach again!!


One of the other things we've been working on but that I could use some more knowledge on is potty training. Baby A will often ask for the potty (Po-TEE, strong T) and let us know "I poo-poo" and is familiar with his, uh, equipment. He likes to discuss his butt and pee pee, and he will sit on the potty for a short time if we take him. Still, we haven't had much go in the potty yet. I did a little bit of EC around 4-10 months but I wasn't consistent after he got too heavy and a little less predictable with the solid foods in his diet. I think I could tell you when he's due to go but he hasn't seemed to make the connection for himself. He certainly knows once he's gone and is usually anxious to be changed (we have never let him sit in a poo too long). He even has shown interest in pulling down his pants...still, nothing IN the potty. I'm very open to suggestions and I think soon we may do the 3-day intensive potty training weekend program. They say if you try that and have no luck, then try again in 6-8 weeks, so I feel like if we try that sometime in March with no results, then we aren't too behind because A won't be 2 until June, anyway. But I am ready to be done diapering, LOL.

Those are the main points. We are working on our exit plan from Fort Leavenworth in the summer, so stay tuned for that saga. Hoping to do a food post before the month is over, too :-)

-Big A. ⚓

Comments

Popular Posts